sunnuntai 20. lokakuuta 2019

A Post About Pollution

I think I have mentioned pollution a few times already. When I first got here, at the end of the rainy season and summer in August, the air quality was decent for being a city of 8 million.

Now that "winter" is coming and the rains are fewer, the rice fields are being burnt, the winds from the big neighbour blow in this direction and the haze from the Indonesian forest fires spread around South East Asia, the pollution in Hanoi rocketed sky high a few weeks ago. And the city itself sure contributes too. A The air quality index (AQI) was all the way reaching over 300, which is considered hazardous for humans.

This week we enjoyed good air quality again for a couple of days (the firsy two screen shots from my phone are from Friday and Sunday this week)! Lovely! I was fighting off a cold though and stayed indoors the whole weekend. But let's not focus on that.

Today the air quality is back to its normal "unhealthy" levels. I was feeling better and took a stroll along West Lake to people watch after a weekend in bed. West Lake is beautiful, as long as you don't take a took close look at the water. Look at the picture, you'll understand why. And it comes with a smell too.

I usually trak the air quality with an app called Air Visual to know if I should avoid the outdoors.


West Lake 

West Lake. On a clear day you can actually see mountains behind the buildings. I've only seen them once. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti