torstai 17. lokakuuta 2019

Unicorns and Yoga mats

I've always been a pony girl. Not a lot of horses in Hanoi though! So I need to spend my time (and money) on something else.

Since I moved here, like everyone else, I joined a yoga center. And I kind of enjoy the yogi life. Maybe like being a pony girl, being a yogi is not just a hobby but a lifestyle. Kind of like bubble tea. Bubble tea is a lifestyle too, according to some. 

Anyways, there is a super nice yoga center conveniently close to the UN bulding where I work and I happend to see that they were arranging a yoga retreat. It's good to try new things so I signed up for the yoga retreat weekend that served vegetarian food only on the retreat. I've kind of missed a good veggie meal here - Vietnam is all about their pork and chicken!

So last Saturday morning I jumped on the bus with a bunch of other lovely yogies and we headed for Ba Vi national park outside of Hanoi for a weekend with yoga, veggies, waterfalls and unicorns!

The place was absolutely lovely. There was a waterfall right next to the traditional open-style house where we lived and everything was so GREEN and the air was so FRESH! 

We wen't for a swim in the waterfall between yoga workshops. The second day it was pouring so no waterfall swimming - the waterfall had turned into a dangerous mud colored beast becasue of the heavy rain. 

On Sunday afternoon I was super relaxed after a weekend of peace and quiet in the jungle. I wasn't too excited about going back to the pollution, but then again Hanoi always throws these small pleasant surprises my way. This morning my motorbike taxi driver recognized me "Hey I pick you up yesterday!" he said with a big smile. It's always nice with a familiar face in this city of 8 million people. 

A unicorn in the jungle

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti