torstai 20. joulukuuta 2012

I'll be home for Christmas...

Despite the green fields outside and a temperature above the freezing point, today is the day we celebrate Christmas here in Denmark. Yes, I know, it's a couple of days too early but so everyone would be able to celebrate it together, a couple of days here or there doesn't really matter, does it?
The turkey is in the oven, me and the kids decorated the tree om Monday evening and relatives are now slowly filling the house. I almost have all the gifts under control. I still lack some gifts to take home to Finland. There's always the airport!

My cat made the statement of the day when she fell asleep on my luggage. What if I would accidentally lock her inside my bag and she would come with me to Finland? I've never been a cat-person, until now I guess. Birka would need a slightly bigger bag. She'll just have to stay here during my vacation. 

Wow, tomorrow I'm really going back to Finland. After almost 4 months here in Denmark I feel like I've settled down quite good and going back actually feels like a distant thing to do, though it is tomorrow. It's going to be great to come home though! And I really want to find my proper Christmas mood. Here it simply doesn't feel like Christmas at all because of the weather and the wrong Christmas songs. There are some hilarious danish xmas songs though, this one I especially like. 

I bought a return ticket to Copenhagen though so I'll be back here again the 3rd of January!

Glædelig Jul!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti