perjantai 16. marraskuuta 2012

Albino deer

Today we drove to Dyrehaven in Copenhagen with Corra and Castanja. The plan is to get Castanja fit for the annual "Vinterjagt" in January. The Vinterjagt (winter hunt) is held in Dyrehaven and it is one of the easier hunts as it is the first of the year. The fences are a maximum of 80cm and the course is about 7-8 km long. Castanja did great! It was her first time ever jumping solid fences out in the woods but it seemed like it was the only thing she had ever done. We jumped over some fallen trees and in the end we came to the famous "Magasindammen" which is right below the royal castle in Dyrehaven. Magasindammen is a small pond and the place is most famous from drawing all the attention during the Hubertusjagt in early November. This time there was not 10 000 people watching us ride through the water.

In Dyrehaven there are a lot (and I really mean A LOT) of deer. Big deer, small deer and middle sized deer. And albino deer. How cool is that?? Luckily Castanja was not that afraid of them but Corra seemd to think that they were going to eat her any second. Dyrehaven is really a FANTASTIC place. It's so beautiful with is woods and open land where the deer graze. The pictures below I took during the Hubertusjagt 4.11 so we were riding around the same course today just not with as many people watching ;)

And the cat that moved in to our house yesterday (after living almost 2 months outside) slept on my stomach the whole night and now refuses to leave my side. I think she considers me her "saviour" because I let her into the house. She is sleeping in my closet on my newly washed shirts as I write... The told me I can give her a new name if I want to, a real finnish one. Her name is Erling, which is, after all, a man's name and not suitable for a small lady like her. So I said I would think about a suitable name for her until tomorrow! Tomorrow is also the day when Lhasa will move to Norway...
The royal castle in Dyrehaven which I was riding past today!

This picture is taken next to Magasindammen



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti