lauantai 10. marraskuuta 2012

The kings of Roskilde

Today I discovered a new danish town! I took the train to Roskilde after I finished taking care of the horses and the stable in the morning. I was partly free today and going to Roskilde sounded like a good idea since the train ride takes no more than a quarter or so. The town was beautiful and especially the Roskilde Domkirke was something special. The brick church that still stands today was built in the 1170's. Almost all of the danish kings and queens are buried in the Domkirke. Kunglig dansk massgrav så att säga... After the visiting the church we stopped for forkost at a really nice cafe. I had some delicious "kylling i curry"!

I recently finished turning in the horses for the night and feeding them so now I'll enjoy a nice Saturday evening in fun and noisy company! ;). The cat just came to look for some peace and quite in my room (he only does it when it's a lot of noise downstairs...).


Roskilde domkirke

Frederik II's sepurchral monument


Cave filled with dead danish kings

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti