sunnuntai 16. syyskuuta 2012

Christiania

Today I've been here exactly two weeks. This weekend was my first free weekend and I spent it in Copenhagen. The plan was to have a totally horse-free day on Saturday and just enjoy the bustling streets of Copenhagen. On Saturday morning I got a ride in to town and then I took the train to the city center. It was really nice to see PEOPLE for a change! ;) Let's put it like this, I don't see that much else than horses out here on the countryside.

I walked around a while, exploring a block or two while waiting for my "city guide" to arrive. First we explored Strøget and had a really nice lunch. Then we walked down to Nyhavn and looked at the houses along the channel. I definitely wanted to see the Freetown Christiania so that's where we went next. For those who don't know, Christiania is a self-proclaimed autonomous neighborhood a little bit outside the center of Copenhagen. It works sort of like a commune. About a thousand residents live there and walking through the gate was like stepping back in time. The architecture was interesting, to say the least. Very bohemian. Everything was "home made". Many of the houses looked just like Villa villekulla. We had a cup of coffee and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. There are three rules in Christiania; 1. Have fun 2. Don't run 3. No photos. In the corners dealers were selling marijuana and there was a sort of sweet smell everywhere coming from the smoked joints. Christiania is definitely one of the most interesting places I've seen!


Nyhavn

Later I took the train to the apartment where I was staying and my horse-free day didn't turn out that horse-free, because when I had my bowl of Koldskål in my lap and turned on the fjernsyn, there was Global Champion's Tour live from Lausanne. Rolf-Göran Bengtsson on Casall la Silla didn't let me down and I enjoyed his 0-0 round to 100%! So that was a great Saturday! :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti