perjantai 7. syyskuuta 2012

Success!!

I figured every third post will be in English ;)

Today's big success was the second session with Natural Horsemanship trainer Torben Andersen and "Duden", the 2 yr old gelding he trained on Tuesday. It didn't take long before Torben had Duden in the horse trailer, eating hay and looking like he had done nothing else than walking into trailers his whole life. And then it was my turn to try. Well, we did great, Duden and I! I think the two of us are going to get along really well.

And I don't think it will take long before we have three more horses to ride here at Svalmstrupgaard. Split, Cristie and Castanja were all carrying saddles on their backs today and looking like real sport horses. Soon it will be time to try to sit in those saddles... :D

Later me and Mikala took Corra and Lhasa down to the riding club to train in the outside paddock. Lhasa thought everything was going to jump at her and eat her, especially the corners were really scary. After a while she relaxed though and focused quite well in the end.

Birka got some new friends on the field today but she doesn't get along that well with them. She'll find her place in the herd, eventually. In the evening I took Birka for a short training in the riding hall. NOW I'm enjoying my Friday evening. Tomorrow is my day off and I think there is a competition somewhere that Mikala said we'll go to. So that will be nice!


Both the 3 yr olds, Cristie and Split, after work today

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti